Monday, April 18, 2011

Sankara Rao Bhatta - debut artist of the art show 'The Drawing Room Musings'

                                         Sankara Rao Bhatta
                                         Email: bhattasankar@gmail.com
                                         Cell:  9986348165


Born in small village called Pedana (near Machilipatnam) in Andhra Pradesh, I was initiated to art at an early age in school days. I fell in love with Geometry and engineering drawing in my college days at REC Warangal and it was my favorite subject in studies. I started with pencil and charcoal sketches as hobby when I was doing my Mtech at IIT Bombay, which later turned into a serious part of my life. I had participated in a college level drawing competition and won the second prize. I was always impressed by the works of legends like Raja Ravi Varma and dreamt of doing paintings like them. After coming to Bangalore to work as an IT professional, I made a step forward towards achieving my dream by starting learning acrylic painting from Usha Shantharam madam few years ago.  I like doing portraits and landscapes in both realistic and impressionist style.

The theme of my paintings, village life, is very close to my heart. It’s natural to me to paint those aspects of village life, because I was born and brought up in a village. The simplicity of village life always excited me and inspires me to capture the moments on canvas with immense joy. Whether it is women working in fields or people going with their daily chores in a village alley, every scene has a story to tell and tons of emotions to express.

After all these years, trying to improve my artistic skills, I feel confident to showcase my art to the world. This is my first art show and I am doing this under the guidance of my teacher Usha Shantharam. 
Hay Stacking - painting by artist Sankara Rao Bhatta

No comments: