Saturday, April 16, 2011
About artist usha shantharam - 2011
About artist usha shantharam
Arists statement: ‘My personal philosophy is to open people’s minds to the beauty of our times and the scenes of everyday life around us.’-usha
Artist usha shantharam is the curator and presenter of the show ‘The Drawing Room Musings’. In this group art show she has launched four students of her weekend art class (all software professionals) into the mesmerizing world of Fine Art.
Usha Shantharam started her artistic journey right from childhood when she won many prizes for art at school. She learnt the techniques of oil painting from the late English nun/ artist /tutor - Sister Good Shepherd- Bangalore.
Artist Usha Shantharam is known for her innovative color combinations, unusual angles and the play of light and shadows in her paintings.
She has conducted, and taken part in many art workshops, art camps and served as judge in competitions. She has exhibited her paintings in two solo shows and many group shows, extensively all over
India, and in many prestigious galleries of such as Chithra Kala Parishad, and Rennaissance Gallery. Bangalore
She blogs regularly about her latest paintings and art related activities on the internet, and she also shares her knowledge of painting, in her art sessions on weekends.
She is a member of 'The Bangalore Art Forum', and various other art forums on the net and has many followers of her art in Social Medias like the Face book and Twitter.
In this group art show called ‘The Drawing Room Musings’, usha presents a collection of ‘en plein air’ paintings called ‘GREEN EARTH. These paintings are done directly on location spots like the Lal Bagh of Bengaluru, Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary ,
campus and Ooty. Mysore University
Here is a teaser 'en plein air' painting done on location at the 'Lal Bagh'- local park in Bangalore City.
‘Shadows at noon’- ‘en plein air’ painting at Lal Bagh
by artist usha shantharam
Shows and Activities :
- 2011 – 12th March joined ‘Life Drawing Club’ and painted portraits from real life model.
- 2010- 10th Feb – Served as Judge of ‘Abstract Art’ competition at the
Bishop Cottons Girls College – . Bangalore
- 2010 – 5th Feb - Awarded ‘Woman Entrepreneur in the field of Art’ by the students of Bishop Cottons Girls Collage during ‘Entrepreneurs Week’.
- 2010 – 17th and 18th January - Participated in the ‘Art and Social Media’ Workshop –
- 2009 – Nov 8th and 9th - Group display of paintings at prestigious ‘Bangalore Club’ –
- 2009 – May 3rd to 13th, ‘Prathibimba’ group show at ‘
Renaissance Art Gallery, . Bangalore
- ‘En plein air’ art camp at Lal Bagh –
, as member of ‘Bangalore Art Forum’. Bangalore
- 2009 - Solo show at Chitra Kala Parishath called ‘Body Language’ from 1st to 8th February.
- 2008-2009 – Traveling Group shows at
Jodhpur ('Palette Symphony of art Gallery Jan 4th to 24th '); Jaipur,(14th March to 24th March); Calcutta('GC Laha Centenary Fine Arts Gallery' Dec 29th to Jan 10th); and Goa, as member of the ‘Scribble artists association’- . Hyderabad
- 2008 - Finalist –for Nationwide Art competition –Kala Sangati –
- 2007 - Solo show at the ‘Trinity Acres and Woods’ Community in December.
- 2007 – Joint art show at ‘Chitra Kala Parishad’
in May. Bangalore
- 2007 – Her paintings ‘Green Earth and Red Oil’ and the ‘Water Lilies’ were selected by the US based Gallery Front.com Art organization for their ‘Peak Oil’ project and published in the Sept-Oct 2007 issue of their Art Magazine.
- 2005 - Participaiton in ‘Chitra Santhe’ at Chitra Kala Parishad.
- 1998 – Organized and participated in ‘Rajastani miniature painting’ workshop by renowned artist Shri Uma Shankar Sharma.