Monday, April 18, 2011

Geetika Karki debut artist of art show The Drawing Room Musings

                                           Geetika Karki 
                                  Email:  : geetika_karki@yahoo.com 
                                  Cell:  09686400833
Hi,
 I am Geetika Karki. Born and brought up in Nainital. By education Electronics engineer by profession a Software engineer.
   Today I stand here and present myself as an Artist. Having lived in the lap of nature I have seen mostly every shade and creation that nature has. But every other day nature comes back and surprises you with its creativity. Hence since childhood I have been doing drawing and sketching .Every creation would inspire me to further create which led me into exploring various mediums of art (which included pencil, coloured pencils, and water colours).
  Painting has been my best friend since childhood. I still remember what all I drew and painted in school (Sunset, Gandhi ji, Manipuri dancer etc). My first still life was a Geranium flower pot as an exam. Beside that I did sketches and painting at home. The ability to make a good art work would always lead and inspire me to make another one and another one.
    My quest to master Oils led me to Usha Ma’m who introduced me to Acrylics and since past one year that I have been with associated with her has been imparting her vast knowledge and experience in order make me a master in Acrylics.
     For me God is the Ultimate Artist and his creations, the ultimate Masterpiece. What I do paint is what he creates and my whole objective is to be able to re-create his splendid magic on my canvas.  Hence all my paintings that I present here have been inspired by the world’s biggest canvas; the sky and water. My paintings consists of the skies and water and hence can be termed as ‘Seascapes’ as I have tried to capture the beauty of the sky in the water.
   Activities: 
·         2011 - Participation in ‘Chitra Santhe’ at Chitra Kala Parishad


                                          'Sunset' - painting by Geetika Karki
 

No comments: